Site: Santa Maria de Palautordera (Barcelona).
Gross floor area: 300 sqm.
This project is proposed as an exercise with which to carry out the refurbishment of a single-family house, according to the criteria of the Baubiologie. The house was completely obsolete according to the requirements of current construction regulation and also the needs of people in terms of habitability and accessibility, climate, acoustic and lighting comfort, health and to the relationship with the outside, energy and water savings, etc.
The refurbishment project aims at answering these current needs, from a study and critical assessment of spaces, constructive solutions and existing facilities according to the criteria of the Baubiologie.
We proposed the following actions:
• Changing the main access to plot and housing, and redistributing part of this according to Feng Shui criteria.
• Better plot accessibility and interior-exterior relationship.
• Energy refurbishment, both envelope (insulation and enclosures) and HVAC and hot water systems.
• Use and recovery of rainwater for irrigation.
• Update all facilities (electricity, water and sanitation) according to the criteria of the Baubiologie.
• Partial replacement of materials and finishes to improve the indoor environment.
• Transformation of an existing concrete-made swimming pool into a natural pond